The first international GISS Technology Forum (GISS Forum) was held in Shenzhen, China on October 25, 2018.
After 15 years of development, the benefits of the GISS slurry casting process are now taking hold in the industry.
In live tests at casting operations in Asia and Europe, GISS Technology has demonstrated success in reducing porosity of cast parts and the number of rejected parts, extending die life, and reducing energy and lubricant use.
Looking to the future, the GISS Technology promises transform die casting applications in automotive, telecommunications, and consumer electronics with the opportunity to create lighter products at the same strength, and with better surface finish.
At GISSCO, we believe we are at an inflection point for the industry and that the adoption of the GISS Technology will increase geometrically over the next few years.
Given this potential, GISSCO set up a meeting of die casting leaders from around the world to discuss the success of the GISS technology and share ideas about future potential. The meeting was held in Shenzhen on October 25, 2018.
This meeting highlighted:
· Several successful GISS use cases and show some of their results.
· Prof. Merton Flemings, the grandfather of semi-solid metal processing, made a keynote address about how GISS and slurry casting would transform die casting.
· Jessada Wannasin, founder of GISSCO, gave an update on the state-of-the art of GISS Technology.
· Marc Fuchs, Director Global Application Technology Die Casting, Buhler Group, discussed the results of Buhler's tests of the GISS Technology and potential applications.
· Representatives from automotive and consumer products industries discussed their experience testing GISS applications.
The latest paper explaining the GISS Technology in details may be downloaded here: